During the summer we will be offering:
- The Customized Edge Tutoring – Prevent the summer slide, bridge the gaps or just take a look ahead for a more confident school year! Highly qualified instructors who care and create a customized learning plan to meet your goal for your child.
- The Early Edge Classes for Preschoolers – First Grade. Great for KG prep! Math and/or Reading small groups of 3-5 students. Individual attention. Play – Laugh – Learn!
- Strong FUNdamentals! Math Classes for Elementary through High School. Math builds on itself. A strong foundation every year is essential. Classes are highly interactive so we can guide your child’s thought processes and immediately clear up misconceptions. We know where the stumbling blocks are and how to help your child dig deeper… We help them to learn not only How? but Why? Math is NOT Magic! Our classes complement their school classes. We believe in strong numeracy skills at every age. Mental math techniques to build speed and accuracy. No more fingers! Small groups of 3-5 students. Individual attention.
- The Tech Edge Classes – TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID. Technology is shaping our lives today. Kids around the world are learning how to code at an earlier age. Computer programming enhances your child’s ability to analyze the world around them, think logically and apply their skills to develop amazing apps, games and websites! Parents were tired of the haphazard instruction their children kept encountering in traditional after school classes. We created our classes to meet your demand for a systematic and effective approach to teaching coding by building a solid foundation. Uniquely effective classes! Learn to program like a professional in our small group classes. Strong fundamentals in real life skills. Fun format! Individual attention!
- Small Group Cursive Writing Camps– please contact us.
- Small Group Creative Writing Camps/Classes– please contact us.
- Small Group, 1st to 3rd Grade- Basic and Multi-digit Addition/Subtraction- No Fingers!– please contact us.
- Small Group, 3rd to 5th Grade- Multiplication Tables and Multi-digit Multiplication/Division – please contact us.
- Small Group Math Camps (Middle School, Algebra, Geometry, Trig)– See below.
It is a fact that colleges regard math very highly and look carefully at every class our child chooses and every grade they earn in high school. But math preparation doesn’t just begin in high school. Math is a subject that builds on itself every year. In order to believe that he or she can earn that A in high school, our child really needs to first earn that A in middle school. And the foundation for middle school is set in elementary school. Beginning successfully leads to confidence and continued success.
Take one week this summer to take the stress off of your child in the fall when they will have 5 other subjects vying for their attention!
We are offering Summer Math Camps for students entering 5th-8th grade or taking Algebra/Geometry/Trigonometry in the fall. Camps are specifically designed using the Seattle Public Schools’ curriculum. The camps are divided into short and effective sessions with small class sizes. The instructors are highly qualified with extensive teaching experience. The camps are designed to be fun and interactive.
If you would like to see a different class/time offered, form a group and/or propose a class, send an email to [email protected] with your preferred timing and we will see what we can do.
You can also checkout The Customized Edge for 1:1 tutoring options or our Strong FUNdamentals! Math Classes.
My 6th grade daughter was having difficulty keeping up in school, most especially in her math class. This led to a lack in confidence and feelings of discouragement. There was a radical change after her math tutoring with Anu, having one to two sessions weekly during the school year and over the summer [along with a summer math camp]. Since starting 7th grade, math has now become her favorite subject! She is achieving better grades and keeping up just fine. This has led to a feeling of confidence and a positive feedback loop, improving her performance in her other classes as well! She enjoys her sessions with Anu, and I appreciate Anu’s teaching ability and sincere efforts in helping my daughter.
—Google Review: Sam B., 777 Pilot
Please read more about the purpose behind our programs.
When we asked some of our 6th graders what they thought about camp, here is what they said (they were a bit shy and decided they wanted to write out what they thought before they spoke):
We have created special offerings in recognition of how essential it is to prepare a child for transitioning to middle school and from middle school to high school.
These camps will provide children with a fun opportunity to look ahead to what is coming. The 6th through 8th grade curricula are very closely related, where one builds on the other. We can use the Seattle Public School curriculum. Succeeding in middle school definitely builds confidence and a strong foundation for high school.
Our aim is to prep students so that when they start math classes in the fall, they feel confident. Given that math builds on itself, this will help set the tone for the entire year. Classes will be filled on a first come first served basis.
Small Group Camps: Only 3-5 students in each class, Lots of 1:1 Attention!
- Intro to 5th Grade Math Camp
- Intro to 6th Grade Math Camp
- Intro to 7th Grade Math Camp
- Intro to 8th Grade Math Camp
- Intro to Algebra 1 Camp
- Intro to Algebra 2 Camp
- Intro to Geometry Camp
- Intro to Trigonometry Camp
- August 2-6 (1 week)
- August 9-13 (1 week)
- August 16-20 (1 week)
- August 23-27 (1 week )
- Session 1: M-F, 2 hours- morning- please contact us with your preferred times
- Session 2: M-F, 2 hours- afternoon/evening- please contact us with your preferred times
There are no registration fees. In order to reserve your spot, the full tuition payment is due at the time of registration. Once you have completed the registration form online, the center will contact you with payment details. Only upon receipt of payment are we able to reserve your student’s spot in class.
In order to withdraw from class, please send an email notification. A refund, minus $50, will be issued for all email notices received prior to July 5. No refunds will be issued for notices received on or after July 5.
Due to the complicated logistics when multiple students are involved, group sessions may not be cancelled/rescheduled by students when camps are in session.
For online camps, you will need the following:
- Zoom connection with audio
- Printer for printing home practice materials
- Ruled paper – for working problems and taking notes
- We recommend a personal whiteboard with markers
- Graphing paper (as needed)
- A calculator
- A water bottle and a snack
For in-person camps, please send your child with the following personal supplies:
Curriculum Workbook – based on the current SPS curriculum, we will notify you of where/what to purchase prior to start of class
- One 1”, 3-ring binder
- Ruled paper – for working problems and taking notes
- Graphing paper
- 2 sharpened pencils
- A good eraser
- A calculator
- 2 white board markers
- 1 hilighter
- A water bottle
- Optional: A nut-free snack – Nut allergies can be life threatening. Out of respect for the needs of all the children we must maintain a nut-free session. There will be no specially allotted snack time.
- Light sweater/sweat shirt since the classroom temperature can be cooler than the outside temperature. And Seattle weather is always unpredictable!